Sunday, April 8, 2012

Training Week Ending 7 April 2012

A week of traveling which altered my normal training path.  Although I was out of my norm, I did have a great week of training finishing the week of with a 62 mile bike ride.  I wasn't able to get in a swim all week, more out of choice due to the inconvenience of going to a pool I am not familiar and it would have been in the evening verses morning or lunch.

Monday: 15 miles on the trainer doing Spinerval Lean and Mean and flew to Seattle.
Tuesday: Double - 11 mile run in the a.m. and 6 mile run in the p.m.
Wednesday: Rest day
Thursday: 10.5 mile run and late night flight home.
Friday: Rest day
Saturday: 62 mile bike ride

Two rest days isn't normal for a week training but it did feel good and both came out of complete laziness, not intentional rest day.  That is what happens when I get thrown of my normal routine.

Saturday's bike ride ended horribly.  One of the guys I was riding with crashed when a deer ran out in front of him and it happened at the worst time possible as he was aero coming down a hill resulting in a collapsed lung and broken ribs.  He will be in the hospital until Wednesday with approximately 3 weeks of recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment