Saturday, March 31, 2012

70.3 Bible Versus for Half-Ironman

70.3 Bible Versus for Half-Ironman

Pre-Race: At daybreak, LORD, You hear my voice; at daybreak I plead my case to You and watch expectantly. - Psalms 5:3


Swim:  The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.”  -  Duet. 31:8


Bike Mile 1:       “I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and hope.” - Jer 29:11

Bike Mile 2:       “Commit everything you do to the Lord. Trust him, and he will help you.” - Psalm 37:5

Bike Mile 3:       I have not achieved it, but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize… - Philippians 3:13

Bike Mile 4:       The Lord is faithful; he will strengthen you. - 2 Thessalonians 3:3

Bike Mile 5:       It is not that we think we are qualified to do anything on our own. Our qualification comes from God. - 2 Corinthians 3:5

Bike Mile 6:       He will order his angels to protect you wherever you go. - Psalm 91:11

Bike Mile 7:       Be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of age. - Matthew 28:20

Bike Mile 8:       The Lord will work out his plans for my life. - Psalm 138:8

Bike Mile 9:       The amount you give will determine the amount you get back. - Luke 6:38

Bike Mile 10:   We are hunted down, but never abandoned by God. We get knocked down, but we are not destroyed. - 2 Corinthians 4:9

Bike Mile 11:   Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we can not see. - Hebrews 11:1

Bike Mile 12:   We know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them. - Romans 8:28

Bike Mile 13:   Commit your actions to the Lord, and your plans will succeed. - Proverbs 16:3

Bike Mile 14:   I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you. - Psalm 32:8

Bike Mile 15:   Whatever you do, do well. - Ecclesiastes 9:10

Bike Mile 16:   I am sure of this, that He who started a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ - Philippians 1:6

Bike Mile 17:   Make your own attitude that of Christ Jesus. - Philippians 2:5

Bike Mile 18:   For it is God who is working in you, enabling you both to will and to act for His good purpose.  Philippians 2:13

Bike Mile 19:   But endurance must do its complete work, so that you bay be mature and complete, lacking nothing. -  James 1:4

Bike Mile 20:   Be doers of the word and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. -  James 1:22

Bike Mile 21:   For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come.  - 1 Timothy 4:8

Bike Mile 22:   “With God’s help we will do mighty things.” - Psalm 60:12

Bike Mile 23:   Whatever you do, do it enthusiastically, as something done for the Lord and not for men. - Colossians 3:23

Bike Mile 24: "For with God nothing will be impossible." - Luke 1:37

Bike Mile 25:   “And my God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus. - Philippians 4:19

Bike Mile 26:   whatever you do, do everything for God’s glory. - 1 Corinthians 10:31

Bike Mile 27:   …Be strong and courageous? Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.” - Joshua 1:9

Bike Mile 28:   I pursue as my goal the prize promised by God’s heavenly call in Christ Jesus.  - Philippians 3:14

Bike Mile 29:   Finally, be strengthened by the Lord and by His vast strength. - Ephesians 6:10

Bike Mile 30:   Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand. - Isaiah 41:10

Bike Mile 31:   And not only that, but we also rejoice in our afflictions, because we know that affliction produces endurance, endurance produces proven character, and proven character produces hope. - Romans 5:3-4

Bike Mile 32:   “Do not be conquered by evil, but conquer evil with good.” - Romans 12:21

Bike Mile 33:   No discipline seems enjoyable at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it yields the fruit of peace and righteousness to those who have been trained by it.” - Hebrews 12:11

Bike Mile 34:   Our present troubles are small and won’t last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever! - 2 Corinthians 4:17

Bike Mile 35:   “And whatever you do, in word or in deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.” - Colossians 3:17

Bike Mile 36:   “…the One who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.” - 1 John 4:4

Bike Mile 37:   “Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD you God goes with you: he will never leave you nor forsake you.” - Deuteronomy 31:6

Bike Mile 38:   “Then you will have success if you are careful to observe the decrees and laws that the LORD gave Moses for Israel. Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or discouraged. - 1 Chronicles 22:13.

Bike Mile 39:   Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD. - Psalm 27:14.

Bike Mile 40:   “Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. - 1 Corinthians 16:13

Bike Mile 41:   “Rise up; this matter is in your hands. We will support you, so take courage and do it.” - Ezra 10:4

Bike Mile 42:   “The Lord is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation. He is my God and I will praise him, my father’s God, and I will exalt him.” - Exodus 15:2

Bike Mile 43:   “Love the Lord you God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.” - Deuteronomy 6:5

Bike Mile 44:   “Look to the Lord and his strength; see his face always.” - 1 Chronicles 16:11

Bike Mile 45:   “The Lord is my light and my salvation; who shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? - Psalm 27:1

Bike Mile 46:   The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?” - Psalm 27:1

Bike Mile 47:   God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.” - Psalm 46:1

Bike Mile 48:   “Seek the Lord and his strength; seek his presence continually!” - Psalm 105-4

Bike Mile 49:   “"Not by might nor by power but by my Spirit" says the Lord God Almighty” - Zechariah 4:6

Bike Mile 50:   I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength.” - Philippians 4:13

Bike Mile 51:   “Be strong and courageous, for your work will be rewarded. - Chronicles 15:7

Bike Mile 52:   “I am the LORD, the God of all mankind.  Is anything too hard for me? - Jeremiah 32:27

Bike Mile 53:   “The Sovereign LORD is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to go on the heights.” - Habakkuk 3:19

Bike Mile 54:   “Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might.” - Ephesians 6:10

Bike Mile 55:   “I can do all things through him who strengthens me.” - Philippians 4:13

Bike Mile 56:   May he strengthen your hearts so that you will be blameless and holy in the presence of our God and Father when our Lord Jesus comes with all his holy ones.” - 1 Thessalonians 3:13


Run Mile 1:         “Your word is a lamp for my feet and a light on my path.” - Psalms 119:105

Run Mile 2:        “To those who use well what they are given, even more will be given.” -  Luke 19:26

Run Mile 3:        We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance. - Romans 5:3

Run Mile 4:        Let us run with endurance the race God has set before us. - Hebrews 12:1

Run Mile 5:        Be an example to all believers in what you say, in the way you live, in your love, your faith, and your purity. - 1 Timothy 4:12

Run Mile 6:        But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. - Isaiah 40:31

Run Mile 7:        “Commit everything you do to the Lord. Trust him, and he will help you.” -  Psalm 37:5

Run Mile 8:        I tell you the truth, if you had faith even as small as the mustard seed, you could say to this mountain, “Move from here to there,” and it would move. Nothing would be impossible. - Matthew 17:20

Run Mile 9:        But as for you, keep a clear head about everything, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry. - 2 Timothy 4:5

Run Mile 10: "We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God: those who are called according to His purpose." - Romans 8:28
Run Mile 11:    Let the name of Yahweh be praised both now and forever.”  - Psalm 113:2

Run Mile 12:   I have not achieved it, but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize… - Philippians 3:13

Run Mile 13:  “Anything is possible if a person believes.” - Mark 9:23

Run Mile 13.1:  "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith." - 2 Timothy 4:7

Post Race: “For I will restore health to you and heal you of your wounds,” says the Lord. - Jeremiah 30:17

No comments:

Post a Comment