Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Incredible Run

“Do not be conquered by evil, but conquer evil with good.” - Romans 12:21
What an outstanding morning run, it was just incredible.  God is great and he pushed me further and faster than I ever expected at this point in my training.  I was planning on running anywhere from 8 - 10 miles with no real plan.  Once I got to work, several people were going to run the 5 mile ranger standard (under 40 min).  While they were doing push-ups and sit-ups I decided to do a warm-up of 2.5 miles. I finished at a 6:52 pace.  I had about 10 minutes or so waiting on them before we headed out for the 5 mile run.  I pushed the pace a bit more and wasn't paying a lot of attention to the distance and I missed the turn around so I went 3 miles before turning around.  I was holding on to a nice pace and continue to push a comfortably hard pace.  I ended up finish just over 6 miles at a 6:29 pace.  What a surpise and man did it feel good.

The details:
Distance: 8.98
Time:  59:45
Avg Pace: 6:39
Avg HR: 180
Max HR: 194
Avg Cadence: 91.1  

Praise God for a great workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment