Tuesday, March 13, 2012

What a great morning for a brick workout, it was just exhilarating being out on the road this morning.  I rode part of the HIM course that I will be doing in a few weeks.  The course has quite a few hills on it which is why I wanted to ride that section of the course.  The goal was to maintain an average right around 18 mph.  I ended up averaging much more and it felt great.  I really would have like to keep going.  Mid-way through the ride it started to rain and come down pretty hard for a while.  The bad thing I was near a construction site so the roads were muddy and now my bike is complete thrashed with mud and grit.  So bad that on the way back I was unable shift to the small ring, now I guess I have to clean the bike up pretty good. I wish I had some WD40 here to get some of the moisture and grit out of the front derailleur.  Once I got back to the office I changed and went for a quick 2.5 mile run and again right after I got started running the rain hit again and 2 miles of the rain was in the rain.  It felt great and I wanted to just keep going but I decided I had to get back to the office and get started for the day.  By this time it was already after 9.

The details:
Bike Distance: 29.2
Bike Time: 1:33:17
Avg Speed: 18.8
Run Distance: 2.5
Run Time: 19:15
Avg Pace: 7:42
Avg HR: 152
Max HR: 176
Avg Cadence: 88
Max Cadence: 126

At lunch I headed to the pool for a 1000 meter continuous swim.  I felt good throughout the swim although I could feel myself beginning to slow toward the last few laps.  I have to work on my swim endurance.  The total swim time was 18:42.

Happy Training Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment