Saturday, March 17, 2012

Sprint Tri Course Recon

“…the One who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.” - 1 John 4:4

What a great morning!  I drove to LaGrange, GA where I am doing a Sprint Triathlon at the end of the month.  I wanted to get eyes on the course since I heard there is a nasty hill on the course.  It was true, the hill is pretty brutal.  However the good thing about that hill is that it is short.  The course map that is on the web site is definately well short of what was advertised for a 20K (12.4 miles) route.  I measured it at 9.3.  After I got done riding I wanted to run the course, but there was a local 5K that had just started less than a block from where I was so I decided to jump in on the 5K.  I started about 30 seconds or so behind the leaders about 2/3 of the way back in the pack or runners as they went by.  I had a great run and having the other runners in there pushed me a bit more than i would have if I was on my own, plus I didn't really know the Sprint Tri 5K course and this made it way easier.  Come to find out as I made the final turn I had caught up to the lead runner.  I figured with it on a college campus there would have been some fast runners but the guy that came is first was probably around 21 minutes. 

Bike Details:
Distance: 9.28 miles
Time: 29:48
Avg Speed: 18.7
Avg HR: 148
Max HR: 176
Avg Cadence: 81.6
Max Cadence: 106.1

Run Details:
Distance: 3.11
Time: 20:18
Avg Pace: 6:32
Avg HR: 175
Max HR: 186
Shoes: Green Silence

Happy Training Everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment