Wednesday, March 21, 2012

3 x 2 Mile Intervals

“Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong." - 1 Corinthians 16:13

A great verse to start the day off and Gods word carried me through another tough morning workout.  this morning the plan was to run 3 x 2 mile intervals with a 5 minute active recovery with a plan of running at a 6:45 pace or a 13:30 2 mile run.  Well it didn't actually go as planned.  I had a freind go with me that is a much faster runner than I am and he stayed a step ahead of me which in return made me push a little harder than I wanted.  I ended up running the first two intervals at almost the exact time: 12:50.13 and 12:50.18 and yes I realized those times are 40 seconds faster than planned.  The last interval was a bit slower at 13:09.73.

Happy training everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment