Monday, August 20, 2012

2.5 Hour Bike/Run brick workout!

My goal this morning was to have a nice comfortable paced 30 mile bike ride followed by a one hour tempo run.

I felt great on the bike trying not to push too hard.  I wanted to keep the speed under 19 for an average and of course I pushed the limit average 18.9 through 30.87 miles.  Go figure!

My initial goal was to run a 7:30 pace off the bike for an hour.  Once I got off the bike and started running I decided I would try and run whatever was comfortable and then try and maintain that through the 8 mile run.  I felt great through the first 3 miles holding a 7:05 average pace.  About half way through mile 4 mile heart rate began to rise a little higher than I would have like so I was forced to slow the pace, 7:14 mile. It just kept getting slower from there through mile 6.  By the end of mile 6 I had to stop to refill the water bottle.  A perfect excuse to stand around much longer than I should have.  I finished the final 2 mile at a 7:55 mile pace.  By this time my heart rate was way to high for comfort to push any harder.  Good thing, I still kept the pace under an 8 minute mile.

I have my HR split up into 10 zones.  Here is the breakdown of how long I was in each zone.  The percentages are broken down based on my Heart Rate Reserve.  I would have preferred the my HR would have stayed in Zone 6 and 7.


No comments:

Post a Comment