Saturday, December 24, 2011

30-Minute Time Trial

I did a 30 minute time-trial today on my trainer.  I am really out of shape.  I did a 20 minute warm-up gradually increasing the intensity and finished the warm-up with 5 x 30 seconds sprints with 30 secend recovery.  After the warm-up I did a 5 minute rest/stretching and then back on the bike for 1 minute.  Then I started the 30 minute time trial.  I tried not to start off too fast and burn out.  I think I did a pretty good job at keeping at the same intensity during the entire ride.  As approached 20 minutes I was ready to get off the bike the legs were burning but I continue to maintain.  My speed didn't taper off too much toward the end of the time trial.  It only dropped about .2 mph during the last 10 minutes and I was able to maintain an average cadence of 90.  Now I have something to guage my training; I plan on doing a time-trial every 4 weeks or so.

To keep myself from getting bored I watch Inside-Endurance Sports by Gatorade on youtube.  I watched all 12 episode.  It was pretty interesting to watch.

Happy Training Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment