Thursday, December 22, 2011

Indoor Cycling Workout - Rolling Hilly Course

I took a workout from the "Workouts For Indoor Cycling" book.  I did E1, Rolling Hilly Course.  The main set consisted of 2 sets with the first set consisting of 6 x 2:00 minutes in Heart Rate Zone 2 choosing any gear to maintain 70 RPM with 1 minute recovery maintaining 100 RPMs.  The second set was identical with the exception of each repeats was 3 minutes in length.

I did 16 minute Warm-Up and then did the main set followed by 5 minute Cool-Down.  I had a great workout and felt the burn in the legs.  It was much harder than I expected to stay at 70 RPM but keep the hear rate in zone 2 at the same time.  I took me a while two repeats until I got it right to where I could maintain the same gear the entire 2 or 3 minutes without busting my heart rate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment