Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Spooky Early Morning Run

Up bright and early and running by 6 a.m. It was dark, cold and eerie this morning running along the river with the fog coming off the water.  I was running on the Riverwalk in Columbus, GA which is mostly lit up but there were a lot of lights out this morning.  There is a wooden bridge to run across which can be really spooky at night if you let your imagination get away from you and this morning was not different.  No lights on the bridge and not lights leading into the bridge.  Of course as usual I am trying to see look far enough in front of me to make sure nobody is there waiting for me in the dark.  This morning, I see someone moving in front of me.  Is it for real or just my imagination?  As I got closer it was definitely someone in front of me.  It was a man with a hood over his head, which at that moment I realized who it was.  It was an older gentleman that I see walking almost every day and he is just as pleasant as can be.  On my return trip through this bridge was really freaky.  At least running this direction the lights on the riverwalk shown toward the bridge, but his time all I could see was a hand moving back and forth, glowing in the dark. “Spooky!” It was the same guy, but he was wearing white gloves which reflected the light.

Now that the drama is over, I can share my run information. It was a bit colder than I am used to so I decided to wear tights and a jacket this morning. An easy 6 mile run this morning.  Since it was dark I figured I would just run by feel and not worry about me pace.  I just wanted to have a pleasant run with my God and enjoy the silence of the darkness.  I ended up averaging an 8:12 pace.  The good thing my splits were somewhat close to each other and I kept the heart rate below 70% for most of the run.  I actually reached 72% at the end of the run coming up a little hill.
 
Weather:
Temperature: Min./Max.: 37.9 °F/41.2 °F
Humidity: 90.1%
Dew point: 35.0 °F
Wind Speed: 1.3 mph

Outfit:
Shorts: Brooks Nightlife
Pants: Nike tights
Shirt: Beach2Battleship race shirt
Jacket: Brooks Nightlife
Shoes: Brooks Defyance 4
Hat: Brooks
Gloves: Brooks

Happy Training Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment