Saturday, December 31, 2011

Big Chainring

Indoor cycling once again even though is was beautiful outside.  I like the training indoors because I can focus so much more on specific drills.  Today I chose the Big Chainring (E4) workout from the Workouts For Indood Cycling book.  I did modify the warm-up and the mainset to fit my needs.  I had a great 50 minute workout once again watching the Ironman World Championships.

Warm-Up
5 minutes easy building cadence above 90 RPMs
5 x 30 seconds standing/30 seconds seated.
6 x 1 min right leg/1 min left leg

Main Set
5 x 5 minutes in Big Chainring pushing cadence of > 80 RPMs in HRZ 3 with a 2 minute recovery.

Each set I would continue to build my effort until I hit the bottom end of HRZ 4 and then back it off slightly.  Each set I had an average HR of 171 (HRZ 3.6) averaging 85.5 RPMS. 

Cool-Down
5 minutes easy letting heart rate return to normal.

I recorded the workout this morning.


Happy Training Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment