Saturday, July 16, 2011

18 Mile Long Run

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Today’s run was dedicated in memory of Thomas Ziegler, lung cancer.

18 mile long run scheduled for today and of course they were calling for 60% chance of rain and looking at the radar I was going to get every bit of the 60% which is exactly what I got; 60% rain from mile 8 on.  My run started out great and I was feeling pretty good running, although I really didn’t want to be out there today.  I think I was still feeling yesterday’s ride.  I tried to maintain a steady pace of 8:20 including a few scheduled walk breaks and trying to drink as much as I could stopping at the water fountains to refill my water bottle to keep it topped off.  After I hit the turn around I began drinking every mile and toward the end I was drinking almost every half mile.  I knew once again I was getting dehydrated and feeling the effects of it.  I really started to fall apart at mile 13 and it went all downhill from there.  I was struggling.  I kept my heart rate in check; keeping it below 70% but I just had no get up and go in my legs.  I am really kind of frustrated.

Weather Report:  Min./Max.: 72.5 °F/72.9 °F; Humidity: 94.0%; Dew point: 70.4 °F; Wind Speed: 2.6 mph; Precipitation: 0.7mm/h

Happy Running Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment