Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Bike / Run Brick workout

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Today’s workout was dedicated in memory of my Grandmother, Marie Boyer, who lost her battle with cancer yesterday, July 18th.  We will all miss you!

This morning I did a bike/run brick workout of 30 miles on the bike followed by a 2.5 mile run.  The bike portion was brutal as I rode with a group of cyclist that can ride.  I was able to hang with them through mile 11.  Once we hit the hills I was unable to stay with them on my tri bike and I would begin to lose ground on the uphill but I would gain coming back down.  However, eventually the up hills got the better of me and I lost them and reach the turn around about 30 seconds back.  On the return trip the same thing except there was more downhill and I was able to stay with them and then toward the end we did a 500 meter sprint where I was able to catch the lead man topping of 30 mph on the flats.  Once I returned to the office I quickly changed shoes and out for a 2.5 mile run averaging 7:20s as I gradually got faster with each mile

A great workout to honor my grandmother.

Happy Training Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment