Monday, July 25, 2011

4000 Meter Swim

Monday, July 25, 2011
Today’s swim was dedicated in memory of Loretto Ziegler, bladder cancer.

Today I was scheduled for a 4000 meter endurance swim.  My longest swim during my training.  It was a distance I wasn’t sure how well I would do on it and today was my second time swimming this distance.  Since my legs were still in recovery mode I thought I would do part of the swim with the pool buoy.  I started out with 1000 meters with pool buoy and then 1000 freestyle and repeat.  I took splits every 500 meters and my times just kept getting slower and slower.  I was happy with the overall times as it was a few seconds faster than my previous 4000 meters.  I hope I can be more consistent in the pool over the last few weeks of training.

Happy Training everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment