Saturday, July 23, 2011

20 Mile Long Run

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Today’s Run was dedicated in memory of Mary Anne Lombardo, lymphoma.

I headed out this morning for a 20 mile run.  I started with the Big Dog Running Company 6 am crew.  It was good actually running with someone for once versus running by myself.  I had a great run through about mile 15 or so and then I started to struggle.  The heat and humidity was getting to me and I came to a walk almost every mile.  I started the first 10 mile running mid 8s and then my pace begin to slip to low 9s and I had a few mile in the 10s toward the end of the run as I was struggling to keep going.  I went through a lot of water, approximately 60 ounces. 

Weather Report:  Min./Max.: 73.2 °F/80.8 °F; Humidity: 87.5%; Dew point: 72.2 °F; Wind Speed: 1.3 mph

Happy training everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment