Saturday, August 27, 2011

Ironman Live

You can track my progress in Ironman Louisville by going to the following link.

www.ironmanlive.com – Scroll down and click on the Ironman Louisville link.  This should take you to the Ironman Louisville Live commentary.

Somewhere across the top of the screen there should be another link that says something like “Athlete Tracker”, click on it.

It will take you to the athlete tracker page, type in my bib number 2071 and hit enter.  This will show you my time of the last timing mat that I crossed.

The race starts on Sunday, August 28th at 0700.  It is a time trial start, first come first start.  I would expect that I will start sometime around 7:30 or so. 

My goal is to be complete in 12 hours with a secondary goal of 13 hours if things start to fall apart.  If things go horribly wrong I have 17 hours to complete the race.

Here are my goals for each leg of the race.

Swim:  1 hour 30 minutes
Bike: 6 hours or 18.7 mph.  I plan on starting the ride at about 19 mph.  If my legs feel good through 90 miles or so I will attempt to pick up the speed for the last 22 miles.
Run: 4 hours or 9 minute miles.  This is my unknown.  All of my long runs were at an 8:30 pace with my longest run being 21 miles.  What I don’t know, is how the legs will be after coming off an 112 mile run.

David

No comments:

Post a Comment