Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Monday, August 15 - Swim & Run Workouts

Monday, August 15, 2011

Today’s workouts were in honor of Carolyn Billingsly and Sue Kovatch; both breast cancer survivors.

This morning I headed to the pool for a 4000 meter swim.  I started out nice and comfortable finish my 500 meter sets at 9:08, 9:11, 9:14, and 9:27 through the first 2000 meters.  During the last 500 I was beginning to cramp in both my toes and my right calf.  So I decided I would grab the pull buoy and just let the legs drag behind me and continue my swim.  Then the next sets were 9:21 and 9:29 and then feet/calf continued to cramp so I decided to get out of the pool versus trying to push through it.  At this point in my training it isn’t going to hurt, other than the mental aspect of it.

At lunch I went for a 7 mile easy run.  The goal was to run no faster than an 8:40 pace.  I knew I would struggle to keep the pace easy, but once I settled into the pace all went well.  My slowest mile was 8:42 and my fastest mile was 8:36 which just happened to be my last mile as I wasn’t paying attention to the pace.  The lunchtime heat wasn’t as bad as it has been over the past few weeks and it was welcome to be much cooler.  I am hoping that IM Louisville temperature will be less than what it was today at lunch.

Happy Training Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment