Monday, August 8, 2011

Monday's Swim and Run workouts.

Monday, August 8, 2011

Today’s swim was dedicated in honor of James W. Osborn and today’s run was dedicated in honor of Jacque Creech, breast cancer.

I headed to the gym this morning for a 4000 meter swim.  To my surprise the pool was closed due to some electrical problems.  It made for a change of plans and off for a 7 mile run.  I did 3 x 1 mile tempo repeats.  I ran an 8:15 warm-up, 3 x 1 miles at 6:49, 6:43, 6:42 with an 8:15 mile recovery mile and finished the run with a mile at 8:00 flat.  I could feel the soreness in the legs from Friday and Saturdays workouts.

At lunch I headed to the Olympic size pool on the other side of post.  I had to cut it short since it was a lunchtime swim and it took me so long to get there.  2000 meters split into 4 x 500 meter sets.  The water was hot and the heat index was near 100.  It didn’t make for a pleasant swim and I just had no desire to swim.  I hate when my plans get interrupted, I was looking forward to the 4000 meter swim.

Happy Training Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment