Friday, January 27, 2012

12 Mile Long Run

It is not that we think we are qualified to do anything on our own. Our qualification comes from God. - 2 Corinthians 3:5.  Isn't it cool that God gives us our talents, we just have to use them to glorify his name.  Whatever you do, do it for God and praise His name through it all.

I was running on little fumes this morning with only a few hours of sleep and two tough days with Wednesday and Thursday workouts.  So I knew going into this mornings run, it was going to be tough.  From the very start of the run I felt as though I was breathing heavy, although the HR wasn't showing it.  I ended up having a pleasent run and kept a pretty steady pace from start to finish only slowing on the two miles that were virtually all uphill.  I didn't want to run hard risking injury.

The Details:
Distance: 12.0
Time: 1:45:57
Pace: 8:50
Avg HR: 142 (55%)
Max HR: 172 (74%)
Elevation Gain: 648 ft
Avg Cadence: 88.5
Shoes: Brooks Defyance 4

At lunch I headed to the pool for 1000 meter swim.  I did mostly drills working on my form with a few 25m sprints at the end of the workout.

Happy Training Everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment