Monday, January 9, 2012

Morning Run - Lunchtime Swim

Workout#1
I went out for an easy 5 mile recovery run.  To help me keep the run slow I set my watch to warn me whenever I went over my 60% HRR (149).  For me running with a HR that low is difficult especially when I hit some of the hills.  I did a fairly decent job at keeping it below 149.  I ended up running 5.25 miles at a 9:21 average pace.  My heart rate averaged 138 but I did spike as high as 159 early in the run.

Nutrition:
Pre-Workout:  Plain Bagel / CeraSport EX1 and Base Amino
Post-Workout: CeraSport EX1

Weather:
Min./Max.: 57.3 °F/57.5 °F
Humidity: 97.5%
Dew point: 57.1 °F
Wind Speed: 3.6 mph
Precipitation: 0.1mm

Workout#2
At lunch I headed to the pool for a swim.   I decided to conduct a 1000 meter time trial to see where I am currently.  I knew it would be off my normal 1000 meter swim since I haven’t been swimming on a regular basis, but I was slightly disappointed in my time.  On the bright side, I have no place to go but up.  Today’s workout consisted of:

W/U: 200 meters steady / 1 min rest

Main Set:
1000 meter time trial / 1 min rest (19:42):  Over 1 minute slower than I anticipated; unless I miscounted my laps, but I don’t think I did.
4 x 50 meters with 10 sr

C/D: 200 meters with PB.

Happy Training Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment