Thursday, January 26, 2012

Spinervals 27.0 - Threshold Test and Suffer Fest

This was my verse for today.  “The Lord is faithful; he will strengthen you.” - 2 Thessalonians 3:3.  I needed this verse today as I was struggling to get through.  God is so awesome! 

I started today off with the Spinervals Workout 27.0, Threshold Test and Suffer Fest and followed that with a 2.5 mile run and then finished my day with a 1900 meter lunchtime swim.  It is amazing how God works to give me a verse on a day that I am completely worn out and I have one more long run and bike for the week.  I know that He will carry me through it though.  He always does.

For the Threshold Test I did much better than I anticipated figuring I had a tough run yesterday.  It just shows how much my body has improved over the past 4 weeks.  I did this same test on December 24th.  Here are the numbers for comparison.

December:
Avg Speed: 19.4
Avg HR: 167 (74% HRR)
Avg Cadence: 89.4

Today:
Avg Speed: 20.0
Avg HR: 176 (80% HRR)
Avg Cadence: 92.4

I am excited about the numbers.  Now if I can just stay consistent with working on my lactate threshold.  The only thing I really need to look at his how much faster I am recover after these hard efforts.  I know today it dropped pretty fast.

Happy Training Everyone.

Thanks you Jesus for another great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment