Friday, January 13, 2012

Bike / Run Brick

I had all intentions on going out for a 2 hour ride and then a mile run.  I was going to make two out and back loops totalling about 35 miles.  After I set out for my ride, I quickly realized it was quite windy and cold.  On the first outbound leg I knew my right hamstring was not 100%.  When I made the turn back I realized that I would have a headwind most of the way back.  The right hamstring just wasn't feeling it and I didn't want to make it worse.  With the wind in my face and the hamstring hurting I was struggling to ride it back.  My feet were cold, don't know why I didn't put my toe covers on my shoes to keep the toes warm.  As I made my way back to start the second trip I decided I was cold and I didn't want to make the hamstring any worse so I only made it once and then headed out for a short run of 1.6 miles.

Bike Summary:
Distance: 17.25
Avg Speed: 17.8
Avg HR: 158 (68%)
Avg Cadence: 85 rpm

Bike Gear:
Bike: Felt B16
Shoes: Gaerne Tri
Shorts: TYR Tri Shorts

Run Summary:
Distance: 1.64
Avg Pace: 7:58
Avg HR: 156 (66%)

Run Gear:
Shoes: Brooks Ghosts
Shorts: TYR Tri Shorts
Shirt: Brooks LS
Hat: Brooks
Gloves: Brooks

Weather:
Temp: Min./Max.: 39.8 °F/40.1 °F;
Humidity: 58.6%;
Dew point: 26.0 °F;
Wind Speed: 6.0 mph w/gusts to 10-15 mph

Happy Training

No comments:

Post a Comment