Friday, February 3, 2012

13.1 Mile Run

Whatever you do, do it enthusiastically, as something done for the Lord and not for men. - Colossians 3:23

I had an absolute blast running this morning.  I haven't had so much fun running in a long time.  I was so hyped up when I got done running.  God has been such a blessing to me lately working out it is unreal.  Any how we decided to run a different route than normal so we chose an out and back that I have never run and it is on a hill road so I didn't know what to expect for the run.  Three of us started together and the good old Captain decided us old folks were running to slow so he took off out in front of us.  He waited at the turnaround.  We ran at a comfortable conversational pace of about 8:30.  Tony attended a "Good Form Running" clinic last night so we talked about running form most of the way out.  I was feeling pretty good so I told him once we made the turn I was going to pick up the pace on the way back.

Once we got to the turn I told Tony that I was going to pick up the pace and the good Captain heard me so he figured we would be my rabbit.  After talking about running form for the first 6 miles, I was concentrating on my form.  You know mid-foot strike, leaning forward, head up, chest back, cadence  etc...  I turned out a 7:19 for the first mile, mile 7 and like I said I was feeling pretty darn good.  Mile 8 was even faster at a 7:09.  You have to keep in mind that I was running on rolling hills and I felt as though everything was clicking this morning.  I felt great running up the hills and held back slightly coming down as not to over stride.  Mile 9 was a 6:57.  Mile 10 was mostly down hill and I was just rolling on through clocking a 6:33.  Mile 11 started with a pretty steep decline for about a 1/4 mile and the last 3/4 was a gradual uphill.  I thought for sure I would begin to slow.  I held strong through mile 11 with a 6:30 mile.  I normally end with a mile cool down so I decided to turn around and go pick up Tony.  Once I met up with him we finished the run off running at a 7:54 and 7:57 pace. 

Again I am just awestruck at how great I felt this morning running.  Thank you Jesus.

The Details:
Distance: 13.1
Time: 1:41:35
Avg Pace: 7:47
Elevation Gain: 769 feet
Avg HR: 153 (65%)
Max HR: 186 (87%)
Avg Cadence: 90.4 (right where I need to be)
Max Cadence:  99.8
Shoes: Brooks Defyance 4

Happy Training!

No comments:

Post a Comment