Saturday, February 4, 2012

Aerobase Builder - Flat Tire

The plan was to ride for about an hour this morning in an aerobic zone.  I decided to ride the Spinervals Basebuilder 16.0 on my rollers.  All started out well getting the heart rate up to about 10-20 below my lactate threshold.  During the 5 minute intervals I wanted to ride in Aero positions which is not easy on rollers but I am getting much more better and comfortable at it.  During the third 5 minute interval it seemed to get a bit harder and the heart rate was rising and I kept dropping gears trying to stay in my aerobic zone.  By the end of the third interval I realized I was low in air in the front tire.  About mid-way through the fourth interval it was really getting low and by the end of the interval I actually started to hit the rim.  I decided to call it quits at just over 30 minutes of riding.  I changed and then headed out for a short 2 mile run.

Bike Details:
Distance: 10.44 miles
Time: 32:01
Avg Speed: 19.6
Max Speed: 23.4
Avg HR: 118
Max HR: 166
Avg Cadence: 85

Run Details:
Distance: 2 miles 
Time: 16:32
Avg Pace: 8:16
Avg HR: 139
Max HR: 163

Happy Training

No comments:

Post a Comment