Wednesday, February 1, 2012

One Mile Intervals

We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us. If your gift is prophesying, then prophesy in accordance with your faith; if it is serving, then serve; if it is teaching, then teach; if it is to encourage, then give encouragement; if it is giving, then give generously; if it is to lead, do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully. (NIV) – Romans 12:6-8

To those who use well what they are given, even more will be given, and they will have an abundance. (NLT) – Matthew 25:29

Whatever gifts God has given you, use them to glorify His name!

5 x 1 mile repeats this morning with a 1 minute rest between sets.  I set some parameters in my watch to ensure I didn’t run too fast or too slow.  I set the watch to beep when running outside of a 6:35 – 7:00 minute pace.  My goal this week was to keep it much more consistent than last week’s repeats.  I succeeded keep all the repeats pretty consistent, but went all out for the last one which told me that the 6:35 was too slow for me.  The next interval workout I will adjust and try and keep them around 6:20 – 6:45.  My goal by end of July is 10 x 1 mile at a 6:20-6:30 pace.  This should ensure that I can run a sub-1:30 half marathon.

Run Details:
Distance: 6.50 miles
Time: 49:03
Avg Pace: 7:33
Interval times: 6:38.3, 6:36.6, 6:35.7, 6:35.2, 6:06.6
Avg HR: 160
Max HR: 190

My pool workout today I did an endurance swim of 1600 meters.  I tried to start slow and gradually get faster.  I took a split at 800 meters to compare my times.  My second 800 was 17 seconds faster than the first 800.  Overall a great workout!

Swim Details:
Distance: 1600 meters
Time: 29:17    
Avg Pace 50m: 54.9 seconds

Happy Training Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment