Sunday, February 12, 2012

2.3 mile tempo run around Beaver Lake

"Make your own attitude that of Christ Jesus." - Philippians 2:5

I drove back to Fort Rucker after church this afternoon.  I after I got back to the hotel I unloaded my stuff, changed and headed out for a short run which turned out to be a little longer than I was planning.  I decided once I started running I was going to run around beaver lake which is about a 2.3 mile loop.  I ran from the hotel to Beaver lake, 1.6 miles and then the plan was to run sub-7s around the lake and then back to the hotel.

I had a great run despite running in mid-afternoon.  The 2.3 mile loop is not flat by no means, with a few short steep climbs and some gradual climbs.  I ended up averaging a 6:55 pace around the lake.  Goal was obtained.

The details:
Distance: 5.5 miles
Time: 42:25
Avg Pace: 7:43
Avg HR: 155
Max HR: 185
Total Climb: 372 ft

Happy Training Everyone!

Now it is time to study for my exam in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment